We simply couldn’t do what we do without the amazing support of our volunteers across the UK
Studies show that volunteering can improve both your mental and physical health, boost self-esteem and help you become more socially connected.
Why volunteer with us
92% of our volunteers feel that they are giving something back
89% feel happier as a result of being involved
77% have made friends with the older guests in their group
Become a volunteer
Volunteer for our new call companion service to prevent a generation from falling further into social isolation as a result of quarantine measures.
Everything you need to help you with your volunteering activities, from posters and leaflets to our volunteer handbook and online training
In normal times, we run over 900 social groups and other activites for isolated older people with over 12,000 volunteers running and supporting those groups. We'll let you know when we will start those activities up again - as soon as it is safe to do so.
Sign up to our e-newsletter to be the first to know:
Benefits of volunteering with us:
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of older, isolated people in your local community
- Flexible volunteer roles - starting from only a few hours a month
- The chance to make new friends and feel connected with your local community
- Induction and training from your local member of staff
- Support from a staff member throughout your volunteering journey